I’ve been installing and configuring Weblogic 10.3.6 & 12c (recently) and came across a peculiar issue, where the reports server failing to map the keys I’ve specified with cgicmd.dat file.
The best I could recollect from my memories was, I only added the keys to a single instance of cgicmd.dat file, as there are many instances of the same file once after classic domains are created.
Under linux installations you will find the file in 3 different locations once after the domain created and WLS_REPORTS server started.
[root@wls Middleware]# find /u01/Oracle/Middleware/ -name cgicmd.dat
Under usual scenarios you need to add the keys ONLY to the cgicmd.dat file present in
With my latest installations of 12c & 11g, I had issue getting the keys mapped properly & after loads and loads of googling I decided to add the same key to all available instances of cgicmd.dat one after another.
So I started with the first instance of cgicmd.dat file, that was found under
which is WLS_REPORTS temporary folder. I added the key, restarted the WLS_REPORTS server & the key was mapped as required!
This could be a nasty bug because I don’t remember adding the keys to multiple files while I tried out forms and reports 11g Release 2 almost 2 years back!
The most interesting part of the entire exercise is, once the key mapping happens successfully, you can remove the keys from cgicmd.dat file that in the temporary location and everything works! Could be the magic of cache
So if you come across key mapping issues, you know where to look at for a quick fix.