I hardly ever dealt with another post addressing mobile phone(s) or technology through this BLOG. There are thousands of bloggers, forums doing it already
I was given a Galaxy S3 (i9300), almost bricked phone a week back for doing some sort of researches and I was forced to return it to the admin department within next couple of hours as I found it was ridiculous to waste my time on a device which was JUST hanging without any reasons
However, after reaching home, I couldn’t just get rid of that “giving up” on certain something without putting reasonable efforts. So I got back to admin, asked them to return the device and started with my experiments.
Now, if you call 30+ hours without a single hanging/freeze is impressive, this is what I have achieved.
Into the details
Please note, if your device still under warranty, try to get hold of a new device as replacement. Follow the exercises described below only if YOU have already decided to scrap your Samsung Galaxy S3
- Take super user access on your device (root it)
- Download & update your phone with a custom firmware (One which is higher than the one already installed on your device) Check http://www.samsung-updates.com for one
- Root again with the latest firmware a second time
- Download the original stock firmware from http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9300
- You should know the CSC code for your device *#1234# (prior rooting itself you should get this code noted down somewhere)
- Root again with your stock ROM
- Restart, configure & check for updates. One update varying in size between 50-55MBs must be available.
- Install the update, if your phone freeze during the download or update, just don’t restart it!!!!! Just leave it idle and get back to it after few hours
Your phone must be showing you an updated status and after few restarts you would find your phone is back to action, without getting into nasty freezing loops (minimum in my case)
- Keep your wireless options always on (recommended at many places and turn off using Wireless for GPS)
- Install TrustGo security suite, AVG or Avast free mobile antivirus solution & keep your device balanced and protected